Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Honoring Mamie



Sarah has decided to join a volunteer organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.  It is a group of professional photographers who donate their time and talents for parents who have newborns who will pass soon after birth or those like Mamie, who have passed away before birth.  Crystal Goss is a local photographer and good friend of Sarah's, and she came shortly after Mamie was born and took irreplaceable pictures of our sweet baby girl. We could never repay her for the amazing shots she was able to get while we were unaware she was even in the room with us.  It was a devastating day, but Mamie's birthday none the less and we ALWAYS want to remember her sweet little body, her face and that day in general.  The pictures are all Sarah and Taylor and our family's have now that life has gotten back to "normal".  

So, Sarah has now decided to pass on this amazing gift and join NILMDTS.  There is a workshop this Friday and the local news stations are running stories to help recruit more photographers around the state.  Sarah will be on Channel 4 this Wednesday night.  They are coming to interview she and Crystal today.  I have included to clip from Channel 7 that ran last night.  This is another way for my sweet sister to honor her child and I am so thankful.  Have a wonderful day.


2 comments:

Shawna said...

That's wonderful Britney. Do you think you could post or send the link of Sarah on Wednesday? I would love to see it. So proud of her! Thanks for sharing Brit.

jayna said...

What a gift Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is and I am so proud of Sarah for sharing her talent and experience to help others through their loss. She amazes me everyday.