Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Injury

Well, we knew it was going to happen sooner or later. We actually thought it would have happened by now b/c of how active Silas is...

Yesterday morning Silas was standing holding on to the glider chair in the living room and bamm! He fell and was screaming before anyone knew what happened. He hit his right eye on the recliner lever on the side of the chair and it hurt bad b/c he cried harder than we have ever heard him cry before. Poor thing was sweating and clinging to me once I got to him. We attempted to put ice on it but that was a lost cause. He wanted the blue bunny that holds the ice pack in his mouth. We gave him some Tylenol and he was off again after a little bit of rocking. Here are some pics. We thought for sure he would wake up today with a full-fledge black eye, but thankfully that was not the case.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brit--of course I am always the LAST to know--but so glad that you are well and feeling good after your ordeal. ugh I'm so glad that you have a Mom and Sis right here to help. Sorry about Silas' eye--but looks like he had a quick recovery!! Yea! Also, Jennifer's kiddos look like doll babies, too. I didn't even know she had had girl #2! What fun! Take care, and please hollar if you ever need me! Love, Becky

Is this little guy walking????

Sarah Bussey Adams said...

He is such a tough little monkey. Has his first shiner at 10mths. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Silas! I cannot believe how big he is getting! He is absolutely adorable! Glad to hear you are doing better too! Sarah's hair looks so cute- I had to scroll down to catch up on your posts!