Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Christmas

It has been a busy and long week for us. It's been fun, it just seems like it has been 2 weeks instead of 1! We had ice that started Monday and fell all through the night. We were house-bound on Tuesday with dreary weather most of the week including today. Friday was the only nice day and it was unbelievable! It was sunny and like a spring day! We went on a long walk with Kitty and Pibby and got some much needed fresh air and sunshine. Silas spent the night with Pibby and Pops last night while Jason and I went to a few parties. He has so much fun and was a very good boy. He and Pops went to the bird store this morning and Silas got to help Pops buy some more bird feed. Today Silas spent the part of the afternoon with Daddy while I finished up a little bit of Christmas shopping. Jason and I decided to do our family Christmas today since we are heading out to Wisconsin for Christmas. Late this after noon we opened our gifts to each other and it was really fun! So, we were not sure what Silas would do- I mean if he would be interested in his gifts. He really hasn't paid much attention to anything under the tree until this past week. I have caught him using one of the smaller gifts as a truck and climbing up on top of one of the bigger ones. Anyway, he LOVED helping rip into the packages. He was so excited to see new books inside one of his packages. We have been playing until just a minute ago when he was fully ready for bed. Here is a video from earlier!



So, on a different subject I cannot begin to explain what a milestone week this has been. For a while now we have been saying that we figured Silas understood way more than he was able to let us know. Well, over this week he has gone from following simple instructions dealing with things he knows so well to following instructions dealing with clean up time, how to safely climb up on the couch, etc. Earlier he was signing that he wanted more milk and I told him I thought his drink was in by the Christmas tree. He ran in to the room with the tree and came back with his drink. He is signing please and thank you along with his regular signs and I am very excited about the please and thank you part :-). Who knows if it will stay that way, but it is so nice right now. It's hard to describe just how excited we are about our sweet baby boy. Watching him grow and learn is such a wonderful gift from above. We all are so blessed to have our precious children.

Grandma and Grandpa you will not believe your littlest grandchild when we get to Wisconsin! He has changed so much... See you very soon!
Merry Christmas to everyone.



No comments: