Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mamie's Due Date

Yesterday was the due date for Mamie. We had been so looking forward to this happy day with plans and expectations of a healthy baby girl who was already so loved joining our family. As I anticipated becoming an aunt to my sister's child I had so many dreams of what it would be like. I looked forward to Silas and Mamie growing up together and doing the things that Sarah and I did as children: riding bikes, swimming at the lake, watching them perform/pretend together, beach trips, our first snow of the winter, holidays, vacation bible school, and more. We already joked that when they were older Silas would probably sit in his condo and watch for Mamie to ride up on her bike so he could nail her with water balloons :-) Typical boy stuff that we looked forward to watching as we anticipated Mamie being a little "tom boy" who would have to keep up with her older boy cousin. As we continue to grieve the loss of our sweet Mamie we take comfort in knowing that she never felt any pain and she will never feel the heartache that this world brings each and every one of us. She is in Jesus' arms and some happy day we will see her again. Here is Sarah's post from yesterday. Thank you all for your kindness, encouraging words, and most importantly, prayers. We made it through another hard day and I know your prayers continue to help us each day. Thank you.


Mamie’s Due Date
Posted: 13 Jul 2009 07:14 AM PDT
Today has already been extremly hard for Taylor and I. Today was to be Mamie’s due date. The questions that everyone asks you through your whole pregnancy is here. And we have no baby here with us. She has gone to heaven. I woke up crying harder than I have in a while and couldn’t catch my breath. I keep replaying everything over and over in my head. How did this happen to us? Today is suppose to be an exciting day. I pray that the Lord will give us strength to get through this day. I lit a candle for our precious Mamie and plan to let it burn for her all day.

“Mamie we love you so so much and miss you more than ever.”





No comments: