Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer is Coming!

This week has been eventful so far. First thing Silas said "Puppy!". I couldn't believe my ears! I don't think he knows what he said, but he was standing holding on to the ottoman and looking out the back window. All of a sudden he said puppy in a really high pitch. He is using lots more vowel and consonant combinations now and waving bye-bye. He also likes for us to pat his mouth while he is making a sound (I don't really know how to describe it or what to call it) and he has started doing it for himself too. I am going to try to get it on video soon! You know every time they are doing something you would like to share as soon as you grab the camera they stop...

Anyway, yesterday Pibby and Kitty (a.k.a. Aunt Sarah) came over and we put Silas in his pool. He really likes getting in the water! We have just enough in the pool so he can crawl around without getting his face in the water. I would share the video, but they turned out to be x-rated b/c he didn't have a diaper on. I bought swim diapers today, so I will do another video soon.












Today Heather came in town with her two little ones, Henry (2.5 yrs old) and Lucy (2.5 months). We met them for lunch and then they came over to play for a while. It was great to see them. They live in Fayetteville and we had not met Lucy yet. She is a doll!!! She was in pink from head to toe. She had several admirers while we were out. Henry is a very busy boy. I just realized that I only got a picture of the back of his head! He was on the go most of the time. We went in the backyard and found the monster turtle. He thought that was pretty neat!

Heather thinks Silas is going to be walking soon. I think I have to agree with her. He will just take off like he wants to walk and then he falls, but it doesn't bother him at all. Crazy! He seems to be turning into a toddler too soon... His tooth is still working it's way out. A little more is showing every day, but not enough to justify a picture. What a blessing this little guy is to our lives. What did we do without him???







1 comment:

Heather said...

We had fun getting to play with yall! Lucy looks so funny "sitting up" next to Silas!Heather