Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thank you Grandma

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit 2 weekends ago and we had fun with them. My camera was lost, so I have no pictures from their trip. While they were here Liz and I went shopping. She bought Silas this cute little outfit. He was able to wear it last week with all of the wonderful fall weather. He is showing off his latest skills in the pictures. He is really getting into clapping, and of course dancing.

The picture of him in the crib was from Friday. We went with Kitty on a little road trip! She had 4 portraits in Tillar, AR, so we decided to go along for the ride. We stopped along the way at a pumpkin patch and Sarah snapped some shots of Silas in the pumpkins. Before we left I was running around the house trying to get ready, so I put him in his crib to play. The next thing I knew he was asleep with the blanket pulled over his head. It must have been too light in his room :-). Anyway, we had a fun day and met Ms Cissy for lunch in Dumas. Silas made some new friends at Sarah's photo shoots. I had lots of helpers! It was a fun day.
This morning Silas decided he did NOT want to be at church. I was helping out at the nursery desk, so he ended up sitting with me. I was able to attend Early Christian Awareness with him. He will be moving up to the next class (early walkers) next week. I have been putting it off for about a month and they are pushing him out now. We attended ECA with the new class. Hopefully next week will be a little easier for him.
This afternoon we met a friend at the park. Silas loved going down the slide! It was such a fun afternoon. There were lots of people there. It was such perfect weather again. Silas seems to really like getting out and exploring new places. This was a perfect place b/c he could walk around without me constantly trying to redirect his attention. It was big and kid proof! While we were there a car came bumping by and Silas stopped and started bobbing his head to the music. It was so funny! I didn't realize he liked rap so much... Like father like son :-). He also loves to "snap" his fingers to the music. It's the best :-).

Yay Silas!

Asleep before our trip with Kitty

No comments: